Idol Critic 2007

After watching through to the top 10, I just can't keep my thoughts to just my wife any longer. The rest of you now have to see my opinions shine in living blog! I think that sometimes, they miss the point of being an Idol. Well, let's see if I know America better than the judges do.

Tuesday, April 24

April 24 - Idol gives back - The performances

Ok, forget about the feel good nature of the show for a minute.
BONO!!!!! is the mentor! how the fuck awesome is that???

Ok, breathe! ... seriously though I was just thinking, I wonder what it would be like for a real rocker like Bono to be a mentor to these kids. This should be interesting for that part if nothing else.

Chris
I have to say I'm almost always turned off w/ the use of a mic stand and stool. It just tells me, I'm not going to work really hard. And Chris' voice just doesn't pull off that much energy.

Thank goodness he stood up. It was a nice improvisational performance of a very standard song. His runs are vocally on.

I think the judges were a bit more positive than I would be, but I did think he pulled it off nicely.


Melinda
I don't know the song, so it is hard for me to find a place to start, but that first belt just knocked me out. She might be shouting a bit much though. I mean it is melinda, there is nothing too harsh you can say. She is awesome. I wonder if she was shouting though. I can't tell.

I guess she wasn't shouting, according to the judges ... She did do exactly what Simon said; She really performed a cover as if it was hers for the first time.

Blake
I can't believe he chose imagine ... I mean I've heard people really sing it, so let's see if he can pull it off.
He's doing karaoke ... I'm sorry, but I'm not likin' it at all. I'm waiting for the belt, the hit, the wow!

Randy and Paula are both right ... Simon really stretched to get a compliment out of that for some reason!

Where is Bono!?! ... I thought he was mentoring? :(


Lakisha
well, I have to say, she had me listening THROUGHOUT the song. I couldn't type, I was so taken with the performance. She did just wonderfully. I wonder if she did it too much like Fantasia, but I don't know the song, so I can't tell.

it's hard for me to hear the detail that Simon is picking up with his critiques of Lakisha, but when I hear it, I must admit it resonates with me. I wonder though how they can be so critical of Lakisha, when they let Blake and Chris off the hook like that. It just tells me they might be trying to sway the voters.


Phil

This performance reminds me why I've always liked Phil. He really does have the best, but often most inconsistent voice. I love the tone and rasp of his vocal. he is belting well and really getting behind the meaning of the words.



Jordin
I'm just stuck stairing and listening. She is a Star!!!!
It is really hers to loose, I think. She has the looks and the voice. And oy! that smile!



Predictions
Blake, Lakisha, and Chris in the bottom 3.
And Blake is going, or Lakisha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home