Idol Critic 2007

After watching through to the top 10, I just can't keep my thoughts to just my wife any longer. The rest of you now have to see my opinions shine in living blog! I think that sometimes, they miss the point of being an Idol. Well, let's see if I know America better than the judges do.

Thursday, April 19

April 18, 2007 - the results - FINALLY

I think that Sanjaya is a great person, a lovable soul and deserves nothing but success and happiness in his life. And he didn't deserve the rude punishments that he's received in the public, and he has stood strong in light of so much abuse from Simon.

All that being said, he DID NOT belong in the finals nor to make it this far. He does not have a good or strong voice to back that open and warm personality that goes with it to make him an idol! He just doesn't have the package compared to those who were left standing beside him and even compared to those who were forced to leave before him.

While I think that no one who is gone, except maybe Gina, had a chance of winning, it is a shame that they had to watch a person stand by and get put back on the stage week after week while better people lost important time in the spotlight.

Ok, enough about Sanjaya.

Lakisha! Wow! in the bottom TWO! what the heck people? Ok, I know what is going on, it is just ludicrous to think that looks put Lakisha below Blake, Phil, or Chris. There isn't a woman on that stage who should not make it all the way to the last 2 episodes.

I was also REALLY surprised to find Blake up there. I mean, I didn't think this week's performance was great, but are people voting for an individual performance? Especially COUNTRY! Sheesh! Country? Yes, I know Carrie Underwood made it big in country, but an American Idol should be ALL about pop and rock and roll. Country will never be an international star, will barely ever except for Garth Brooks fill a football stadium. Let's get real here people, this is a pop music contest, or have I found my next reason to move to Canada.

Anyway, I think next week is where the real excitement brews. I think that Phil is getting on his last leg. He made it to his genre, but now I don't think he's going to hold a candle to everyone else moving forward. But America is fickle. So ya never know.

On a side note, I'm wondering if anyone has ever asked Fox for an audit of the votes. Who makes sure that Fox is playing fair with our votes and our emotions. Since Fox gets a kickback on the successes of their idols, I would think that they want to make sure that America votes for the right idol, to maximize this tremendous investment. I want to see the some accounting agency like Price Waterhouse do the tabulations, or at least audit the voting records.

BTW, I'm sorry I'm late with this post. See ya next week!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home