Idol Critic 2007

After watching through to the top 10, I just can't keep my thoughts to just my wife any longer. The rest of you now have to see my opinions shine in living blog! I think that sometimes, they miss the point of being an Idol. Well, let's see if I know America better than the judges do.

Tuesday, April 3

April 3 - The performances

Tony Bennett brings some swing and old standards to the pop idol singers. Let's see what happens.

Blake does - "Mac the knife"
Hey Blake can sing!
Now can he stop looking at the camera and start singing t o the audience. Pppplease!
He still can't belt though and the pace is a bit a fast.
but I do have to say it is one of his best performances as a vocalist to date.
Can Paula be any more useless with her review?

Phil - "Night & Day"
Ok, his voice has NEVER been so on, but I can't stand the mic stand approach. I want more!
but heck, he belted it!
Yes! Randy nailed it! ... I didn't feel it either!
I was trying to pull that Frank sinatra out for myself. Thanx Paula and she finally gave him a real criticism; the same critique that Simon gives but nicer.

Melinda - "I got rhythm"
She is going to nail this! ... I know it! What a great song choice.
What's w/ these print dresses the last 2 weeks? Is there some kind of a promo I'm missin'?
"Theresa says that Melinda is going to win it" ... Anyone say Yeah?
She has so much energy and really loves performing. I love watching her.
She just takes it to heart and poors her soul into her performances. She is AMAZING!!!!

Chris - "Mr. Saturday Night"
Lyrics? his problem is the lyrics? (this is all that Tony can talk about? Lyrics?)
I have to say again that I really don't like Chris and really think after Sanjaya that he should go.
Is Randy kidding? I think I was on a different planet!!!! Please Simon! I'm hoping you can help me out here ... Simon? ... Ah!!!!!! Ok, this is why I write this blog. Am I the only one who hears Shite when I hear Chris.

Jordin - "On a Clear Day"
While I think Melinda is better, i actually LIKE Jordin better, but don't tell my wife.
She is a slightly rougher version of Melinda and has more of a contemporary edge to her but has all the talent.
My wife just said that Jordin "has more spark." (pun intended)

Gina - "Smile"
Well, she is smiling well. I think I like this week a lot b/c I really think it brings out the vocals of everyone. I wouldn't have thought that Gina could pull off this week, so it is nice to see her do so well. Though I think that last "Smile" could have been better. Theresa hates the hair and makeup.

(I do think that everyone is at the top of their game tonight.)

Sanjaya - "Dancing cheek to cheek"
His singing is really horrible, so I don't think he's proven to America that he can sing at all.
Dancing w/ Paula is a nice touch though.

Haley - "Ain't Misbehavin'"
So basically, Tony's advice is to be true to the lyrics.
I thought this would have really been the show for Haley. She is a standards gal, but she really went the wrong way on the song. She chose a song that Lakisha should have done. I mean I'm thinking Nell Carter and I'm lookin' at Jessica Simpson. This isn't right. The voice doesn't go with the song and I think her over-mannurisms are killing the performance.

Lakisha - "Stormy Weather"
She just knows how to sing. And she can perform.


My Predictions for the bottom 3:
Chris, Haley, Phil
Haley or Phil are going to go, leaning towards Phil goes

(Sanjaya isn't being considered b/c of the "votefortheworst.com" site, though I hope he goes saving Phil who I really thought did sing well, even if soullessly.)

See ya all tomorrow night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home