Idol Critic 2007

After watching through to the top 10, I just can't keep my thoughts to just my wife any longer. The rest of you now have to see my opinions shine in living blog! I think that sometimes, they miss the point of being an Idol. Well, let's see if I know America better than the judges do.

Tuesday, April 17

April 17 - The Performance

So away we go ... Country Music. WHY????? oh Why????

Phil Stacy
This song is great for him, but he's blowin' it b/c he is not putting the energy the song can pull off. This is a stadium song and he's singing a dirge. "Typical Phil Stacy, " Theresa.

I think he sings every song like it is his last, as opposed to his first.

I can understand why the judges liked it, but I didn't agree. I'm sorry, I'm a harder judge than even Simon.

If this is his genre, he sure doesn't dress like it. Sheesh!


Jordin Sparks

Wow! this song is good when you take out the twang! Jordin rocks! (the dress is a bit "pitchy")

This one I can't agree more w/ the judges ... It happens!


Sanjaya
I have hopes for Sanjaya.
Good critic by the coach. I have always said he is too mellow.

Well, he is barely doing Bonnie justice, but it doesn't "suck". He is sorta dead like Phil. Let's see what the judges say?

Thank G-d! Randy stood up there.
Simon had to put some kick into Paula's review.

It's like Sanjaya is getting good ratings due to the negative campaign so I think Ryan was told to press him so Sanjaya could get more air time increasing his chances of staying on the show.


Lakish

I'm left here a bit struck by the performance. She was great! pitchy at points, but still overall a great performance.
I like Randie's recommendation to make it Gospel.
all the judges nailed it.

Chris
HE TWANGS!!!!
Which might be good for him. I find myself oddly liking the song and his vocal of it. He cracks well, twangs really well and while pitchy, I think country allows for it. He might be more country than soul after all. But I do think that the overall quality of the performance can't hold a candle to any of the remaining gals that's for sure.

I think I agree with Randy and Paula.
My gut was to like it, but isn't that what should matter. The judges are right about the details, but I don't think it was that bad. But I did like Phil more than Chris.


Melinda
She is lookin' GOOD!
She is pulling off this song sooooo welll! She is just an amazing performer.
She is really the ONLY one who PERFORMS!!!! Yes, she can sing, but she performs.

Simon nails it by pushing her to be more confident.


Blake
he looks like a TV test pattern. So we'll ignore that.
He has a sorta "British" thing going on. I think that's his thing. He isn't good b/c this is a bit too far from his comfort zone and he couldn't make it his own.

I'm confused by the judges on that one and I'm starting to think that the judges are prodded in some way to manipulate things. I just don't know, but the review of Blake felt way too forgiving and they didn't even try to really talk about anything important, LIKE THE PERFORMNCE!!!!


The Review
Phil, Sanjaya and Chris are the bottom 3; no doubt.

-- dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home